Friday, January 29, 2010

Pics from Day 1

Here are some random photos I took from my first day in St. Pete!


St. Pete Airport


Driving downtown St. Pete, I think this is Московский Проспект


Old Soviet-Like dorm rooms that we're staying in until Sunday


....aaaaand the bathroom. Notice the practically cardboard toilet paper? Awesome...




SNACKS! Best part of the day. Notice the sweet mountain dew bottles.


Hope you enjoy. There will definitely be more to come.

Lesson learned today after my failed attempt to order a meal: The difference between fizzy and non-fizzy water. С газом или без газа. I ended up with с газом (fizzy) when I wanted без газа. Next time..
Oh, and I also learned that you don't need to use the big chunky block convertor to plug in your stuff.. just the adaptor. I figured this out after it started sparking and smoking. YIKES. Had to go get the Resident Director to save the day.
Don't worry though, I didn't burn down the building.

Needless to say, I've already learned a lot, and on no sleep. Time for bed. Спокойной Ночи!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's about all I can say. Keep us posted. Hope you got some rest. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT ONE OF THOSE MOUNTAIN NEW BOTTLES!!!!!
    put that on the list w/ the vodka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree ^ Those bottles are отлично!

    ReplyDelete
  4. волосы ВВВВВВВВВВ

    ReplyDelete